Sunday, February 14, 2010

4 paintings, 1 revision

So like I said in the previous post, I've been working on a different approach to my paintings in which I would allow my drawing technique to come through more.

"Shaken Not Stirred" is a painting I've struggled with many MANY times. Having said that, in spirit of experimentation, I thought it was appropriate to warm up on this one. I broke my previous inhibitions of adding line to my paintings but simply just going over this one with charcoal in my normal drawing style.
The paintings that following paintings are the result of my allowing myself to let loose a bit more, rather than worry too much about making sure everyone else will like my work.

"The Grand Pecking Order, III", Acrylic, Charcoal, and Oil Pastel on Canvas, 24"x48"


"Pink Elephant", Mixed Media on Canvas Board, 24"x18"


"The Conference Room", Acrylic, Charcoal, and Oil Pastel on Canvas, 24"x22"


"The Factory", Acrylic, Charcoal, and Oil Pastel on Canvas, 48"x36"

No comments: