Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Experimentation, Chapter 2: Back to the Stone Age

As outlined in the last article of this blog, I had decided to experiment a little bit with Microsoft Paint. Paint was the first two programs I was introduced to that at all encompassed any kind of artwork that could be done on the computer when I was a kid. I thought it would be interesting to explore the program that was truly down to the basics. I decided to try to draw in the program as similarly to my actual drawing style on paper as possible using Paint and the touch-pad mouse on my computer. It was not a very flexible process, by any means. However, so far I have to say the biggest redeeming quality of the digital age of art is one major tool: the Undo button. Apparently my pen drawing style isn't exactly conducive to Microsoft Paint unless I have a tablet. For the first, I used only the pencil tool. For the second I used the pencil tool with the paint brush tool, and with the fourth I used the pencil and the spray paint tool.

No comments: